Thank you for purchasing your new flooring from Gloucester Furniture and Carpets
Prior to your fitting
- Please make sure all the rooms that are being fitted are empty and all furniture removed. Our fitters will be unable to fit your flooring in any room that isn’t emptied, this may mean there is a delay in fitting your carpets while an alternative date is arranged. We offer a furniture removal service at £45 per room if needed.
- Please make sure the floor is clean and free from debris before installation.
- All old carpets, flooring must be pulled up and removed prior to our fitters arriving.We offer an uplift service if required at an extra cost.
- Fitting costs are to be paid directly to the fitter after fitting. We use independent and self employed fitters on your behalf. The contract for fitting carpet will be under a separate agreement between you and the fitter. The fitter is responsible for standard and quality of, and any liability arising from fitting.
- Unless disposal has been paid for the fitters will leave you with the wastage, as is common practice. Disposal can be arranged at an extra charge.
- For measurements that have been taken by yourself and not confirmed by one of our surveyors, we would be unable to refund or exchange this carpet for you should it not fit. You would be required to purchase new flooring.
- Doors may need to be trimmed to allow for clearance depending on depth of chosen flooring. Not all our fitters can trim and rehang doors due to this reason, this is not part of the fitting service, unless this has been specifically agreed upon. The fitters will remove the doors to facilitate and have them ready for your chosen carpenter to trim and rehang for you. It is up to fitters discretion if he offers this service. Fitters will not be able to remove fire doors or external doors these will need to be removed prior to the fitting date to avoid delays.
- Scuff marks and Damage, our fitters carry out their work with reasonable care and skill, But even with the greatest of care décor may become marked or scuffed during the fitting process, New paintwork and wallpaper is especially at risk and should be allowed to fully dry. A minimum of 2 weeks is recommended, Gloucester Furniture and Carpets nor the fitter will be expected to carry out redecoration that occurs, except where damage has been caused by that person’s negligence.
Gloucester Furniture and Carpets.